• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

Editorials

Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

• African American Month: Ernie Davis

Uncategorized

African American Month: Ernie Davis

• Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

Student Life

Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

• Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

News

Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

• Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

Sports

Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

• Valentines day: The history

Uncategorized

Valentines day: The history

• A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

News

A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

• Page Exceeds Growth

News

Page Exceeds Growth

• Editorials

The Importance of Self Care and Reflection: A Positive Impact on Life

• Im not for sale

Uncategorized

A Closer Look at Human Trafficking

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Christmas is in the Air… Or is it?

The spooks and ghouls are out, Christmas lights and hot cocoa are in! As we all know, Christmas is about a month away. But when should we really start getting ready for Christmas? Let’s find out!

There are always the people who start caroling and singing Deck The Halls November 1st, but is that too soon? Some say the right time to put up your tree and get into the Christmas spirit is during Thanksgiving, surrounded by friends and family. Others say December 1st, 24 days away from one of the best holidays out there. And you always have those friends who don’t put up a tree till the day before.

Now let me ask you, when do you put your tree up? Studies show that if decorating stresses you out it is best to wait on your seasonal arrangements until the last possible moment–Christmas Eve! Personally, as a well known Christmas lover, my house is already decorated, but for others, it can strain them and actually ruin their holiday spirit.

Traditionally, people start decorating and putting up their tree at the beginning of Advent, which is the fourth Sunday before Christmas. As time has gone on, we’ve adjusted and now many people put up their trees a week after Thanksgiving. Experts say this is the best time because not only are families still gathered, it doesn’t remove attention from the delicious feast you cooked a week before.

Now, from all we’ve learned I think it’s safe to say… It’s whenever you believe you should! Christmas is more than just a holiday, it’s the days leading up to it. If you prefer basking in your Christmas spirit a little more or less than usual, it’s at your own discretion. Happy Holidays to all and we hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

View Comments (1)