• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Vitamin D:  How Much Do You Really Need?

Uncategorized

Vitamin D: How Much Do You Really Need?

• Sports

Athlete of April: Taylor Stuckert

• Understanding Autism Awareness Month

Uncategorized

Understanding Autism Awareness Month

• Newscaps-4/28-5/4

News

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

• Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

Uncategorized

Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

• Lets Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

Entertainment

Let’s Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

• The Rise of Caitlin Clark

Entertainment

The Rise of Caitlin Clark

• National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day!

Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated every year on March 17th, honoring Saint Patrick, the patron of Ireland. This day had turned into a global celebration of Irish culture, with parades, special foods, music, dancing, and a whole lot of green! The story goes that Saint Patrick used three-leaf shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish, which is why shamrocks are associated with the day. You will often hear people talking about leprechauns, the little fairy of Irish folklore, who are supposed to be mischievous and have a hidden pot of gold at every end of a rainbow.
In Ireland, it’s a public holiday with a lot of historical and religious significance. They have massive parades, especially in Dublin. It is also a time for families to gather together and have feasts. Traditionally, people would attend church services, and the Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol would be lifted for the day.Now, in places like the United states, Canada, and Australia, among others, Saint Patrick’s day is a big deal as well. Cities with large Irish populations, like Boston and New York, have huge parades and turn landmarks green. It’s a day to embrace Irish culture, wear green.
Lastly, it is not just about partying, it’s about coming together and celebrating a rich heritage, people of all backgrounds join in on the fun. It’s a day that brings people together and everyone’s a bit of Irish on Saint Patrick’s day! See below how Page High School celebrates with style! Mrs. Molpus and Ms. Macaulay are pictured beside in emerald green.