• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Understanding Autism Awareness Month

Uncategorized

Understanding Autism Awareness Month

• Newscaps-4/28-5/4

News

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

• Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

Uncategorized

Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

• Lets Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

Entertainment

Let’s Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

• The Rise of Caitlin Clark

Entertainment

The Rise of Caitlin Clark

• National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

National Cheeseball Day

Every year on April 17th, cheese lovers across the United States come together to celebrate National Cheeseball Day. This tasty holiday pays homage to one of America’s favorite cheesy snacks – the cheeseball. But how did this delicious tradition come to be?

The origins of National Cheeseball Day are from an American farmer named Elisha Brown Jr., who wanted to give a good impression to the president of the United States. Elisha Brown Jr ended up deciding on giving Thomas Jefferson, the United States president at the time, a massive cheeseball. Cheeseballs have been a popular appetizer at parties and gatherings for decades, known for their creamy texture and irresistible flavor.

The cheeseball itself is thought to have become particularly popular in the 1960s and 1970s, a time when appetizer parties and cocktail gatherings were very common. Made from a mixture of cream cheese, shredded cheese, herbs, and spices, the cheeseball is often rolled in nuts or other toppings for added crunch. The cheeseball is a very diverse food item because many families make it in different ways, adding special ingredients to get their desired taste.

To celebrate National Cheeseball Day, people often gather with friends and family to indulge in this cheesy treat. Some may even host cheeseball-making parties, where everyone can get creative with their own unique recipes. Lots of people use this day as a
way to get the family together to catch up and socialize.

In addition to being delicious, cheeseballs also hold a special place in American culinary history. They represent a time when appetizers were simple and delicious, and when gatherings were centered around sharing food and good company. The people around you are the most important factor when eating a meal.

Today, National Cheeseball Day is celebrated with enthusiasm across the country. From homemade cheeseballs to store-bought varieties, there’s something for everyone to enjoy on this cheesy holiday. This day is the time to buy some crackers, make some cheeseballs, and have fun on April 17th as we celebrate National Cheeseball Day!