Sixth Consecutive Conference Win for Men’s Cross Country

Sophia Robertson, Staff Writer

For the sixth year in a row, our Men’s Cross Country team earned first place in the Metro 4A Conference Championship at the Ivey Redmon Sports Complex in Kernersville! Northwestern Guilford couldn’t catch up earning second place and High Point Central earned third. Out of 189 runners, Cam Milroy, a senior and cross country runner here at Page, won the Boys 5000 Meter Run Finals and became the Athlete of the Year. Milroy ran a time of 16:47.30! Ethan Long, a sophomore, earned fourth place with a time of 17:27.72. Jean-Lou Pare, another runner and sophomore, earned seventh place with Gabriel Warwar, a senior, following right behind in eighth. Pare’s time was 17:39.52 and Warwar’s time was 17:44.91. The Women’s Cross Country team also excelled, earning third place. Teyanni Ashley, nicknamed “Tey”, came in eighth place with a time of  22:13.00. Ashley is a senior who has runs both track and cross country. Caroline Bozovich, a junior, earned tenth place with a 22:18:00 run.

Shortly after this race, the Midwest Regional took place. The event was a 5K race filled with excitement. At the Ivey Redmon Sports Complex, the men’s team came in fifth place qualifying them to attend the State Championship. Cam Milroy earned third place with a time of 16:53.97! The women’s team ran hard and received seventh place out of eighteen teams which, unfortunately, did not qualify them for the State Championship. Again, Teyanni Ashley led the team with a time of 22:00.65. The day was full of accomplishments because, along with the men’s team qualifying for the State Championship, Coach Blue was chosen as Coach of the Year for the fourth year in a row! On November 3, the Men’s team will participate in the State Championship, the last meet of the season. If you would like to support the team, you can watch the them at the Ivey Redmon Sports Complex beginning at 10:00AM. Admission is $8 for the entire day, but if you cannot make it to the competition the results will be posted shortly after!

Sophia Robertson, Staff Writer

I am a freshman in the IB program who likes to crochet, write, run, and do gymnastics. When I grow up, I hope to become an author. I am very excited to...