• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Women’s Soccer Teams on Winning Streaks

Sophia Robertson, Staff Writer

Page’s junior varsity and varsity women’s soccer teams have been on winning streaks during the last few weeks. Both teams played Northwest on April 2. In the varsity game, the Pirates and the Vikings did not score any goals, so the game went into a shootout. Page shot five goals and beat Northwest who only scored four. In the junior varsity game on April 2, Page beat Northwest Guilford by one goal. The final score was 1-2. On April 4, the varsity Pirates fought High Point Central and won by five goals. On Thursday, April 11, Page played Ragsdale. Ragsdale didn’t score one goal while Page scored six. The varsity team played Morehead on Tuesday, April 16. Page scored nine goals while Morehead did not score at all. Victoria Moser, a sophomore, scored three of the team’s goals and Tatum Neff scored two.

This season, Senior Tatum Neff has scored an astounding twelve goals, Victoria Moser has scored six, and Cailynn Friddle has scored four. These three upperclassmen have led the team in goals, but many other players have assisted. Salem Handy, one of the captains, has assisted five goals. Alaina Stehlin, the team’s lead goalie, has been on the field for 970 minutes. As the teams begin competing in championship games, the Page community hopes that the winning streaks continue!