• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

The Success of Friday Night Lights (XC) 2023

Recently, our school’s Cross Country team competed in 2023’s Friday Night Lights! Congratulations to everyone who competed
and a special congratulations to senior Mitchell Dimond on his new PR and a 15th place finish and junior Allie Kinlaw for finishing 2nd in her race!
Friday Night Lights Festival
On September 8th, our Page athletes traveled to Kernersville, North Carolina, where this year’ss Friday Night Lights took place. Every year thousands of participants gather to compete in this event, and have a good time while doing it. Whether runners are currently competing or waiting their turn, there is always something to do. As runners competed, lights brightened the way. Food trucks lined the entire area selling anything you could think of: hamburgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, and even more! While music was being pumped out by the DJ, further hyping our XC runners, people that came to support our athletes bought merchandise by the stands to remember this special event.
Friday Night Lights lasts an excruciatingly long time. Not every participant races in the same division. So, what do they do in their free time? Well, our fellow pirate XC runners spend their time being extra productive. As full time student-athletes, they have to not only balance their sport, but also their studies. If they’re not studying, they’re playing games with their friends and overall just having a fun time, even choosing to cheer on their teammates while they finish up their races. Though, our XC runners did not let all these distractions stop them from doing their best. Shout out to Coach Kinlaw for the success of her team, and good luck to the runners for the rest of the season!