• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Rick’s Review’s: SING STREET

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rick’s Review’s: SING STREET

Rick Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Welcome back Pirates, this is Rick Rodriguez on another movie topic in Rick’s Review’s. Would you like to know how music style was back in 1985 Dublin, Ireland? Well, you can get a glimpse of this on Netflix with their new movie SING STREET (2016).  Our movie today talks to us about music, introducing us to 14 year old Conor (Ferdia Walsh-Peelo) who is fond of music and decides to create a band after meeting Raphina (Lucy Boynton).  Conor tells the self proclaimed model Raphina that he needs a model for the music video he’s making even though he hasn’t even created his band. Conor makes more and more friends who are also his band-mates and slowly starts realizing that music is something he very much enjoys doing with his friends. I really enjoyed this movie for its original soundtrack and references to songs created by other authors and also the drama and strong bond that is being built between band members and other characters. I proudly give this movie a 5/5 Pirate tokens.

Rick Rodriguez, Student Life

I'm a senior this year  at Page, my favorite color is always changing. I do a variety of things for the newspaper. I enjoy doing stuff and things.