• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Club Corner: Anchored

Olivia Emmert, Staff Writer

Anchored is a program at Page and has been around for a long time. This club is very helpful for freshmen that are starting high school for the first time. It can be really difficult to adjust to a new environment when you are coming from middle school into high school, so this club is here to help with that situation. The adviser of this club is Ms. Borden and sophomores, juniors, and seniors and eligible to be anchors for the freshmen. At the beginning of the year each upperclassmen mentor is assigned a mentee to council throughout the year. The mentor meets with the freshman once a week and they discuss grades, and talk about what is going on in his/her life. Some mentors can tutor their mentees to earn tutoring hours which is a benefit for both the mentor and mentee.

Olivia Emmert, Student Life

I am a senior at Page.  I also enjoy the band Waterparks and I like to hang out with my friends.