• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Rick’s Reviews: Billie Eilish

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rick’s Reviews: Billie Eilish

Rick Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Welcome back Pirates, my name is Rick Rodriguez and this is Rick’s Reviews. Today we’re switching things up and doing our reviews on musicians.  Today’s victim title will fall on the rising star Billie Eilish.

The 16-year-old California born singer started her fame when she published “OCEAN EYES” and instantly gave her stardom. Ms. Eilish’s music is electropop and electronica; she knows how to play the ukulele and can sing. Billie Eilish recently started touring across the U.S. and is having more and more fans along the way as well as Instagram and Twitter followers. I personally very much love her music because of the calm, low-key vibe she sends out. For now my favorite song of hers is called “When the Party’s Over.” This young star very much deserves 5 tokens.

Rick Rodriguez, Student Life

I'm a senior this year  at Page, my favorite color is always changing. I do a variety of things for the newspaper. I enjoy doing stuff and things.