• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Club Corner: The Club of Life

Olivia Emmert, Staff Writer

The Club of Life is a new club that has formed at Page this year. The overall goal of the Club of Life is to aid students in developing skills necessary for being successful in life. I asked the club advisor, Ms. Kelly, what made her want to start this club, and she said ,”Our duty as teachers is to give students the knowledge needed for life beyond High School and give them a comfortable place to grow and develop their skills and confidence”. Each month the club focuses on something new to work on. In the upcoming month of December they are focusing on dinner etiquette and preparation for dinner interviews. The goals they are hoping to achieve by the end of the year is for students to be able to sign their name in cursive, for students to have confidence in their professional literacy skills, for them to be able to use professional manners, and for them to have the ability to thrive in life after high school. This is a great club that would help many students in different ways. For those interested, the Club of Life meets every other Thursday at 4pm in room 214.

Olivia Emmert, Student Life

I am a senior at Page.  I also enjoy the band Waterparks and I like to hang out with my friends.