• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Pirates Dreaming Big: Lily Lueking

Olivia Emmert, Staff Writer

A Page Pirate we see dreaming big is sophomore Lily Lueking. She is a very modest girl that has a lot of talent! Lily dances competitively with the Walsh Kelley dance team. Two weeks ago her and her team went to regionals at the Irish Dance Championship in Houston, Texas. Lily and her team qualified for the world championship which will be held in Greensboro next March. Lily works so hard to be the best she can be by practicing for 2 hours 5 days a week. In order to prepare for her competition, her and her team are amping their practices and traveling to the main studio in Charlotte every weekend. I asked Lily if she wanted to continue to competitively dance and she said, “I would love to continue to compete, and perhaps when I am older possibly teach dance to kids.” Lily is dreaming big and taking her passion for dancing to the next level.

Olivia Emmert, Student Life

I am a senior at Page.  I also enjoy the band Waterparks and I like to hang out with my friends.