• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

Editorials

Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

• African American Month: Ernie Davis

Uncategorized

African American Month: Ernie Davis

• Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

Student Life

Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

• Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

News

Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

• Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

Sports

Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

• Valentines day: The history

Uncategorized

Valentines day: The history

• A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

News

A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

• Page Exceeds Growth

News

Page Exceeds Growth

• Editorials

The Importance of Self Care and Reflection: A Positive Impact on Life

• Im not for sale

Uncategorized

A Closer Look at Human Trafficking

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Freshman Academy

Freshman+Academy

The 2023-2024 Page school year welcomes our entering freshman! With this being the start to a new year, it’s critical that these new faces learn the ropes of the school. Some remain calm while others stress out about whether or not they’ll be late to class or even worse, not be able to find their class. Luckily with the dedicated staff of Page High school, students are being supported and led in the right direction to have a great start to the year!

I spoke with some of these new learners and asked about their current thoughts with Page, and how High school is in general so far. Jane Cockburn is one of the fresh faces i spoke with and she said that Page was very different from her previous school, which was a charter school. “It went from being 80 kids in my grade to now 530, so a lot bigger”. Jane mentioned how High School is in fact not like the movies, which can be a common misconception among many. I asked Cockburn what she didn’t like so far and without hesitation she answered, “The crowded hallways.”

Another Student I spoke with was Libby Hoyle who broached the customary idea of being nervous before the first day at a new school. The first day jitters some might call it. She also explained how it was different than she was expecting but continued that it wasn’t as bad as she was preparing for. Libby supported the idea of the how bad the hallways are, describing it as “a traffic jam”. Finally Libby looks forward to joining Key club, Young Life, playing on the Tennis team, and spring soccer.

Barrett Wilson is also a Freshman at Page who talked about the butterflies we all seem to feel beforehand but just might not make vocal. Luckily for Barrett, they soon left as the day went on. He’s looking forward to making new friends and maintaining good grades in all of his classes. “Its a little weird seeing taller and older people in my classes.” This was Wilson’s response to when I asked how he felt being mixed in with all the upper class-man. He plans on later getting involved in the school but not right now as he wants to get used to the environment and settle in.

Good to see that our newcomers are getting adapted and accustomed to whats going to be their home for the next four years! Always so happy to welcome new pirates!