• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

Eating Disorders Awareness Week (EDAW) is an annual campaign to educate the public about the realities of eating disorders and to provide hope, support, and visibility to individuals and loved ones affected by eating disorders. Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2024 is taking place on Monday, February 26 – Sunday, March 3. Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2024 stands as a pivotal moment for a nationwide dialogue, emphasizing the urgency to confront the hardships of eating disorders. More than just an awareness campaign, it acts as a catalyst for societal change, fostering open dialogues that dive into the hardships of these conditions. The initiative encourages education to eliminate misconceptions surrounding eating disorders, promoting empathy and understanding. Beyond its immediate impact, the efforts resonate long after the week concludes, leaving a lasting impact on public perceptions and attitudes toward those affected by eating disorders. Collaborations take center stage in the success of EDAW 2024. Diverse organizations and passionate advocates unite to amplify advocacy, awareness, and community building. This inclusive alliance ensures a multifaceted approach where varied perspectives contribute to addressing the challenges posed by eating disorders. The collaborative spirit extends beyond the week, creating a network of support that
endures, fostering lasting change in societal attitudes and resources for those affected. The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) actively shapes Eating Disorders Awareness Week through the powerful hashtag #EDAW. Using to its advantage the widespread reach of social media and online platforms, NEDA magnifies the impact of the campaign. By engaging a broader
audience, NEDA facilitates meaningful discussions that transcend geographical boundaries, emphasizing the importance of collective action in dismantling the stigma associated with eating disorders. NEDA WEEK, spanning from February 26 to March 1, 2024, aligns seamlessly with Eating Disorders Awareness Week. This dedicated timeframe intensifies efforts to raise awareness, provide support, and foster advocacy. NEDA’s overarching initiatives create an environment where the specific challenges posed by eating disorders are addressed comprehensively, ensuring a concentrated and effective approach to advancing the cause.
Recognized on an international scale, Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2024 emerges as a global platform for individuals and organizations to share resources, personal narratives, and vital information. Beyond breaking down stereotypes, the campaign cultivates an atmosphere of empathy and understanding. By encouraging a worldwide conversation, this week becomes a catalyst for global change, emphasizing the interconnectedness of experiences and the collective responsibility to foster a supportive environment for those impacted by eating disorders. Well before the official commencement, National Eating Disorders
Awareness Week captures the spotlight through various media outlets. This proactive engagement emphasizes the significance of early involvement in discussions surrounding eating disorders. By initiating conversations ahead of time, the week builds momentum, ensuring a more informed and receptive audience when it officially begins. This sets the stage for a week of impactful dialogues and actions, maximizing the reach and influence of the campaign. Make sure to participate, stay informed, and share this information with others.