• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Vitamin D:  How Much Do You Really Need?

Uncategorized

Vitamin D: How Much Do You Really Need?

• Sports

Athlete of April: Taylor Stuckert

• Understanding Autism Awareness Month

Uncategorized

Understanding Autism Awareness Month

• Newscaps-4/28-5/4

News

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

• Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

Uncategorized

Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

• Lets Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

Entertainment

Let’s Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

• The Rise of Caitlin Clark

Entertainment

The Rise of Caitlin Clark

• National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Page Art Show Showcases Talent

Last Wednesday I was able to see the art show in the auxiliary gym, for a piece of class work, and I just couldn’t stop looking at Ms. Isens Perez’s artwork! So, I decided to ask her for an interview and to understand what some of her pieces and poems meant, to her and her viewers.

One of the artists I had the pleasure interviewing was Isen Perez. 

“What grade are you in?”  “I am a Senior”

“What made you want to focus on art”.  I like art because it is a way to express myself visually and emotionally”

“What are your biggest influences for art?”   I Want people to look at my art and understand how I feel.”

“What is the story behind the “Lilo” book?” Lilo is a dog from NYC, i(artist) wanted the book to be a photo album made from scratch and to make it seem useless.”

“What does each piece represent?” Wanting to feel or being important, the sun is important, the moon is asking the sun to be important. “

“What is your favorite painting?” Frigid Solitude is my personal favorite. It is based on seasonal depression, as we transition to cold weather we feel alone, during cold winters we all want someone to comfort us and make us feel warm.  This painting was made 2 years ago, made when I (artist) felt really alone. I felt in touch with my feelings. The sidewalk represents letting all of life happen around you, and the words express that my (artists) feelings are an idea I have to accept.

How do you use color to help display your emotions? I use a lot of color. I like the meanings of colors, like Green=envy/Yellow=pride/White=hope/Blue=sadness, and yellow is also meant to outline the feeling of hopefulness. The tree is meant to represent hope.

What type of music do you listen to? I would say I am multi-generational, but my favorite type is 2000’s rock

What helps you relax? Writing poems, or just sitting in bed.

Last: Some words of wisdom for other students: 

“Please continue to do things that make you happy and feel like yourself, we’re all too complex to understand but the least we can do is retain our happiness.”