• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

African American Month: Ernie Davis

Ernie Davis was an African-American football player. He was an amazing football player and great team member when it came to his team. Ernie was born in Salem, Pennsylvania and spent growing up in Elmira, New York, at a very young age he spent his time playing football which was something he enjoyed and showed his passion for football. He had played for Elmira Free Academy, which where he had set many records and became a local legend in his town. In 1959 Ernie had received a scholarship to play football at Syracuse University. Since he joined he continued to excel and had became the star football player for Syracuse Orangeman. Ernie was known for his great powerful runs, speed, and flexibility. In 1961 Ernie had his breakout season, rushing over 1000 yards and wining Syracuse to a national championship, his performance had earned him the prestigious Heisman Trophy- making history as the first African American to receive an honor. With all of the success he had overcame on the field, Ernie had faced a lot of racial discrimination and adversity off the field. He would use his platform for adversity and to bring inspiration to others. In such a tragic was Ernies football career had to be cut short at the young age of 23, where he was diagnosed with leukemia. Ernie had later passed away, leaving his lasting legacy as a talented African American athlete. His determination, skills and courage would continue to inspire many generations later too many athletes and individuals till this present day.