• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Celebrating Women’s History Month: Marta Vieira da Silva

Marta Vieira da Silva, also known as Marta, is a fantastic female soccer player from Brazil. She’s one of the best female soccer players ever, and she has done amazing things for the sport. Marta serves as a beacon for aspiring women soccer players through her impact on the sport.

Marta was born on February 19, 1986, in Brazil. She loved playing soccer from an early age, even though most people at the time believed girls should not play. Marta didn’t let that stop her though, she played on a team when she was just 14 and quickly showed how skilled she was. From an early age, Marta was competing with boys because very few girls played the sport.

What makes soccer players the proudest is being able to represent their country in international competitions. Marta got the chance to play in lots of major international tournaments, like the Women’s World Cup. She was called up to her first world cup, the 2007 FIFA Womens World Cup, at age 21. Marta has also played in the Olympics and won two silver medals for Brazil in 2004 and 2008. Being the top scorer for women’s Brazilian soccer, she considered the greatest female player of all time by many.

Besides playing for Brazil, Marta has also played for teams in Sweden, Brazil, and the United States. Wherever she plays, she makes a significant impact. Marta isn’t just famous for soccer; she also speaks up for women in sports. She wants everyone to have the same chances to play and succeed, no matter who they are or what background they come from.

Marta’s not done yet, she’s still playing soccer and inspiring lots of people around the world. Marta currently plays for the Orlando Pride in the NWSL (National Womens Soccer League). Her hard work and talent have shown that girls can be amazing soccer players too. Marta’s legacy will last a long time due to her winning the FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year award five times (Tied for 2nd place for most), which shows how amazing she is.