• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Athlete of February

Hello Pirates! Back at it again with another athlete that represents Page High so well. Anika DuPreez, another dedicated Track & Field athlete, is a senior at Page High who is now committed to ECU for her sport. Not only that but engineering as well!
Anika has been involved in many sports before track. That includes soccer, swimming, and field hockey which she played at Page for three years. And the most shocking part is that Anika didn’t start pursuing track & field until 8 months ago. That means she started the summer of her senior year and, excuse my language, worked her butt off! Driving back and forth from Greensboro to Charlotte constantly during the summer of your last year of highschool shows true dedication. She has grown so much as a thrower that in her first ever meet she threw 34 feet and continues to get better! As we can all see, Anika is extremely busy with graduation coming up. Not only does she have to balance her sport but school work, exams prep, volunteering, and spending time with family and friends. She obviously has to plan every minute of every day just to have enough time to have fun! Not only does it help her get things done, but it makes sure that all her responsibilities don’t pile up on her at once. As a person who is pursuing track at a higher level, she gives thanks to both her coaches in Greensboro and her coaches in Charlotte that constantly push her to improve. Not only them, but she thanks her parents for pushing her and driving her to always be her best and supporting her on everything that she’s done. Now some advice she gives to young student-athletes is to not procrastinate and plan ahead. She also suggests not to stress so much, especially when it comes to juggling multiple things whether that be sports, work, or personal stresses. “Don’t let your world revolve around your sport or you’ll miss the high school experience and I promise you, you will look back and regret it.” Great advice given by an astounding person!
Thank you Anika DuPreezand on behalf of Page High School, we wish you well on the road to success!