• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Hey there, high schoolers! Let’s talk about something we all know too well: stress. Between homework, exams, family stuff, and just life in general, it can feel like we’re juggling a hundred things at once. But fear not, because there are ways to keep your school stress from blending into your home stress.

Recognize the Sources of Stress:
First and foremost, it’s important for students to recognize the sources of their stress. School-related stressors might include exams, deadlines, and social dynamics, while home-related stressors could stem from family conflicts or personal issues. By identifying these sources, students can begin to address them more effectively.

Establish Boundaries:
Creating clear boundaries between home and school life is essential for separating the two realms of stress. Designate specific times and places for studying and school-related activities and try to keep these separate from relaxation and family time. When at home, avoid bringing school-related worries into family interactions, and vice versa.

Practice Time Management:
Effective time management is key to reducing stress both at home and at school. Encourage students to prioritize tasks, break larger projects into smaller, more manageable steps, and use tools such as planners or digital calendars to stay organized. By staying on top of their responsibilities, students can minimize last-minute rushes and alleviate stress.

Develop Coping Strategies:
When stress does arise, it’s important for students to have coping strategies in place to help them manage it effectively. This might include deep breathing exercises, mindfulness meditation, physical activity, or creative outlets such as writing, or art. Encourage students to explore different techniques to find what works best for them.

Seek Support:
No student should have to navigate stress alone. Encourage students to reach out to supportive friends, family members, teachers, or school counselors when they’re feeling overwhelmed. Having a strong support network can provide valuable perspective, encouragement, and practical assistance.

Practice Self-Care:
Taking care of oneself is essential for managing stress. Encourage students to prioritize their physical and mental health by getting enough sleep, eating nutritious foods, staying hydrated, and engaging in activities they enjoy. Making time for hobbies, relaxation, and socializing can help replenish energy and reduce stress levels. High school students face a countless stressor both at school and at home, but learning to separate the two can greatly alleviate the burden. By recognizing the sources of stress, establishing boundaries, practicing time management, developing coping strategies, seeking support, and prioritizing self-care, students can better navigate the challenges they encounter. With these strategies in place, high school can become a more
manageable and fulfilling experience.