• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Filed under News

Sparrow’s Nest

Come out this Saturday to help The Sparrow’s Nest organization raise money and food for the kids at Rankin Elementary. This organization is a nonprofit organization full of middle schoolers and high schoolers that help underserved communities. They are doing this fast and food drive to raise food for the kids at Rankin Elementary who only eat when their school serves them lunch. The Page students that will be there are Andrew Walker, Taejwon Baldwin, Imiya Becton, and Tavares Nichols. They will be at Rankin Elementary on Saturday from six a.m. to six p.m. and will be at the Save-A-Lot grocery store which is on the corner of Cone and Yanceyville from nine a.m. to ix p.m. Make sure to bring kid friendly foods such as applesauce and rice and beans. Also, tonight beginning at six p.m. there will be a 24 hour fast to try and raise over 5,000 items for the Rankin Elementary students. Be sure to come out and support.