• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Carter and Spigner win Blue and Gold Merit Scholarship

Meagan Gutheil, Editor-in-Chief

Congratulations to Eman Carter and Branyon Spigner for receiving UNCG’s most prestigious scholarship, the Blue and Gold Merit Scholarships. Page is the only school in the entire country to have two outstanding students receive this award this year. To qualify for this scholarship, they had to complete the UNCG admission process by December 1st along with a short essay from a list of prompts. This scholarship includes around thirty renewable scholarships with a wide range of awarded money. They range anywhere from the Carolyn Bason Long Merit Scholarship to the Hazel Nixon Brown Scholarship. Each of the individual scholarships are awarded based on different criteria, most of them having to do with intended area of study. Both Carter and Spigner have taken rigorous course loads and have maintained stellar grades while participating in extracurricular activities like football and National Honors Society. Congratulations to two outstanding and incredibly deserving students on receiving the Blue and Gold Merit Scholarship!

Meagan Gutheil, Editor-in-Chief

I'm the Editor-in-Chief and a senior this year at Page. I love reading and writing. I'm obsessed with rock music. When I grow up I hope to be a famous...