• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Vitamin D:  How Much Do You Really Need?

Uncategorized

Vitamin D: How Much Do You Really Need?

• Sports

Athlete of April: Taylor Stuckert

• Understanding Autism Awareness Month

Uncategorized

Understanding Autism Awareness Month

• Newscaps-4/28-5/4

News

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

• Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

Uncategorized

Why Teach U.S. History Anyway?

• Lets Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

Entertainment

Let’s Talk: Should Computers Grade Your Essays?

• The Rise of Caitlin Clark

Entertainment

The Rise of Caitlin Clark

• National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

Newscaps-4/28-5/4

Greensboro opens splash pad for the summer as the heat picks up

Greensboro families get to start cooling off the summer heat before it even gets too hot. The Splash Pad returned on May 1. It will be open every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Greensboro city officials say the Splash Pad has become a true summertime staple, offering a refreshing escape for families and residents during scorching days.

Man accused of kicking bison at Yellow stone is arrested on alcohol charge

An Idaho man was arrested on an alcohol-related charge and other counts after he allegedly kicked a bison at Yellowstone National Park last week and was injured by one of the massive animals, officials said Monday. The man from Idaho Falls is accused of kicking a bison in the leg on West Entrance Road on April 21, the National Park Service said. His injuries were minor, the park service said in a statement. He was arrested and charged with being under the influence of alcohol to a degree that may endanger oneself, disorderly conduct as to create or maintain a hazardous condition, approaching wildlife and disturbing wildlife, the park service said. A woman he was with was charged with driving under the influence, failing to yield and disturbing wildlife, it said. Rangers stopped the car they were in in West Yellowstone, Montana, according to the service.

Russia ramps up arms production as US boosts support for Ukraine

Russia’s defense minister on Wednesday ordered a hike in weapons production and said deliveries needed to be faster for the war in Ukraine, a week after the U.S. President Joe Biden signed off on tens of billions of dollars of new military aid for Kyiv. President Vladimir Putin’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine touched off the worst breakdown in relations between Russia and the West since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, according to Russian and U.S. diplomats. Biden on April 24 signed a bill into law that provides $61 billion in additional aid to Ukraine, including an array of artillery, rocket systems, anti-tank munitions and ammunition. Russia is gradually advancing at key points along the 1,000-km (620 mile) front line and stated that U.S. arms will not prevent victory by Moscow, but some Russian officials are concerned that the U.S. support will escalate the conflict. Russian officials said Ukraine had attacked Crimea with U.S.-produced Army Tactical Missile Systems (ATACMS) over recent days in an attempt to pierce Russian air defenses, before targeting Russian military installations there.