• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

Editorials

Should People in the Past Have the Right to Privacy in the Present?

• African American Month: Ernie Davis

Uncategorized

African American Month: Ernie Davis

• Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

Student Life

Breaking the Silence: National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

• Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

News

Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

• Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

Sports

Athlete of January: Albert Smelzer

• Valentines day: The history

Uncategorized

Valentines day: The history

• A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

News

A Meet to Win. A Meet to Remember.

• Page Exceeds Growth

News

Page Exceeds Growth

• Editorials

The Importance of Self Care and Reflection: A Positive Impact on Life

• Im not for sale

Uncategorized

A Closer Look at Human Trafficking

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Why Do People Feel the Need to Record Every Moment?

Documenting all moments and occurrences is a must in today’s digital world. This behavior can be attributed to several factors:

Memory Augmentation: We believe that continuous picture-taking changes our ability to remember, and we use images as a memory.

Social Validation: Some people record and share their moments in social spaces where they get validations and approvals that foster a feeling of social belonging and affirmation.

Mindfulness and Awareness: For some others, particularly for those using recording as a medium for mindfulness, it creates a non-judgmental state, where one’s observations are made with utmost conscious awareness of one’s experiences in the present moment.

Is it good or bad?

The answer varies. Recording can help in building memories and connectivity. However, excessive usage of records makes one isolated in moments of the present time. In conclusion, it is imperative to maintain a balance when it comes to having a healthy relationship with modern technology.

Reflections on Our Society

Such is a strong desire to record which signifies social values of connections, and digital expression. Nevertheless, it gives rise to various moral issues because these include confidentiality problems and mental health issues.

However, recording moments is quite a sophisticated matter that involves a quest for social validation, better memory, and social practices. It is imperative to find a mindful balance while taking ethical implications into consideration when dealing with this aspect of contemporary life.