• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Week of January 28-February 3 Newscap

Batteries plus was robbed at gunpoint, police say 

Batteries Plus on Battleground Avenue was robbed Monday morning, Greensboro police said. The robbery happened just after 8 a.m. Officers said upon opening, the suspect approached an employee with a revolver. Approximately $900 in cash was taken. The suspect is described as a male wearing a black ski mask. Police said he ran from the store. 

Hiker’s remains found 9 months after disappearance

The remains of a hiker who went missing in a Southern California park last year have been found nearly nine months after the man’s disappearance, according to the National Park Service. Staff members with the Joshua Tree National Park discovered the skeletal remains of Trammell Evans, 25, on January 25 off a trail in the park’s Black Rock area, park officials said Tuesday in a news release. “Park staff were led to the discovery when park researchers found an unattended backpack, which was later confirmed as belonging to Trammell Evans,” the release said. Evans was last seen after being dropped off at the Black Rock Campground on the night of April 30, 2023, according to the park service. The hiker was supposed to be picked up on May 5, 2023, after a few days of hiking, “It appears he succumbed to complications related to alcohol withdrawal. In his final journal entry, filled with optimism but also concern regarding the symptoms of withdrawal, Tram expressed his love for everyone, reminding us that ‘love is what life is all about,’” read a Facebook post on January 28. Evans’s cause of death has not been determined and an investigation is ongoing, officials said.

Republican-Led House to Vote on Impeaching Mayorkas Over Border

The House is set to vote on Tuesday on impeaching Alejandro N. Mayorkas, the homeland security secretary, on charges that he has willfully refused to enforce border laws and breached the public trust, as Republicans pursue a partisan indictment of President Biden’s immigration policies. Republicans are pressing forward despite the assessment of legal experts, including some prominent conservatives, that Mr. Mayorkas has not committed high crimes and misdemeanors, the constitutional threshold for impeachment. If they succeed, which would take near unanimity among the G.O.P. Given the party’s tiny majority, Mr. Mayorkas would become the only sitting cabinet member to be impeached in American history. Democrats have pushed back forcefully, noting that Mr. Mayorkas, like previous homeland security secretaries, has the right to set policies to manage the waves of migrants arriving at the border. That includes allowing certain migrants into the country temporarily on humanitarian grounds and prioritizing which migrants to detain, particularly when working with limited resources. The second article accuses Mr. Mayorkas of breaching the public trust by misrepresenting the state of the border, and stymieing congressional efforts to investigate him. Republicans base those accusations on an assertion by Mr. Mayorkas in 2022 that his department had “operational control” over the border, which is defined under a 2006 statute as the absence of any unlawful crossings of migrants or drugs. Mr. Mayorkas has said he was referring instead to a less absolute definition used by the Border Patrol. They also accuse Mr. Mayorkas of having failed to produce documents, including materials he was ordered to give them under subpoena, during an investigation into his border policies and evading their efforts to get him to testify as part of their impeachment proceedings. Administration officials have countered that Mr. Mayorkas has produced tens of thousands of pages of documents in accordance with the panel’s requests. He offered to testify in person, but Republicans on the panel rescinded their invitation for him to appear after the two sides encountered scheduling problems.