• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Page’s Track Team Competes in HOT Turkey

Emmanuel Jones, Staff Writer

Page’s track team is back and better. Racing in Winston Salem’s HOT Turkey competition many of our students got into top three places. The racers performed well at their race. Senior Teyanni Ashley placed 3rd in Girls 500 meter Dash with a time of 1:26.59. Girls 4×400 meter relay placed 3rd with a time of 4:38.70.Jaedon Barnett, a Junior raced in multiple races: boys 55 meter dash, boys 300 meter dash, and boys 500 meter dash. In boys 55 meter dash he placed 2nd with a time of 6:69, In 300 meter and 500 meter dash he placed 1st with times of 37.04 (300 meter) and 1:09.94 (500 meter). Senior Patrick Smith competed in Long Jump and Triple Jumps. In Long Jump he placed 1st with a score of 19-8 and Triple Jump he placed 2nd with a score of 42-1.

Page’s track team consists of 4 coaches, Coach D. Blue, Coach Sams, Coach Rogers, and Coach Logan. Each Coach has a specific position they coach in. Coach D. Blue, is the assistant coach of cross country and is the head coach of track and field and is even the throws coach. Coach Sams’ position is Sprinting, Coach Rogers is the jumps coach and also the sprinting coach and last but not least Coach Logan is the distance coach. The coaches work together to make their team better and they are really cooperative and they go hand in hand. Page’s Indoor Track team has trained and worked hard to accomplish their goals.

Emmanuel Jones, Staff Writer

I am a great, amazing, and young boy. I love writing and reading. I want to be a journalist.