• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Pirates Eat After Defeating the Bison Friday Night

William Petitt, Sports Editor

This past Friday the Pirates took down High Point Central in dominating fashion, winning 46-0 and marking the Pirate’s third shutout of the season. This improves the Pirates record to 4-5 overall and undefeated(2-0) in conference. Almost all of the action happened in the first half, where the Pirates put up 37 points in the first two quarters alone. This was started with an electric first drive in which Branson Adams both caught a 25 yard pass to put the Pirates at High Point Central’s fourteen and rushed for the Touchdown on the following play, putting the Pirates ahead. Defensively, the Pirates put on yet another stellar performance, racking up multiple sacks and two interceptions to allow the offense to keep pounding the ball down the field. Star performers from the game include Branson Adams, who rushed for three touchdowns and a two point conversion. Quarterback Javondre Page was responsible for two rushing touchdowns himself, as well as a 17-yard touchdown pass to Ford Moser in the first quarter.

For the Pirates, all units were operating at a very high level in Friday nights win, with the defense going for a shutout and the offense 46 points and six touchdowns. As long as the Pirates continue to perform at an elite level, anyone is beatable. This Friday, the Pirates face off against Grimsley in the biggest game of the year. Expect a packed Jamison Stadium on both sides, with both students and alumni in attendance. In terms of performance, one might expect a more competitive match up than in years past. This years Whirlies squad has gone 5-4, beating High Point Central 45-13 themselves on October 12. Everyone looks forward to a great match up this weekend as we pull for the Pirates to beat the Whirlies for the twelfth year in a row!

William Petitt, Sports Editor

I'm a senior this year. I like sports and traveling. I want to be an investment banker.