• “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

• “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

• “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

• “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela

• "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." -Helen Keller

Men’s Soccer Finalizes Their Season With Statement Win Against Grimsley

William Petitt, Sports Editor

The Page Men’s Soccer Team won big last week against Grimsley, topping the Whirlies 6-1 at Jamieson Stadium. Having lost two close games to the Whirlies this season by a score of 1-0, the Pirates were ready to get a win in the rivalry game. This win improves the Pirates record to 4-4 in conference and 7-9 overall, while the Whirlies record fell to 12-7-1 and 5-3 in conference. At the top of the conference stands Northwest Guilford with an 8-0 conference record, followed by the Whirlies. The Pirates sit in the middle, one game ahead of Ragsdale and safe from High Point Central, who have not won a conference game yet(0-8).

The final Grimsley game marks the last win of the season for the Pirates, falling to Jordan High School on Friday 2-0 in the first round of the state tournament. Senior player and Student Body President Sam Simpson asserts, “Never before have I felt more pride than when the soccer team beat Grimsley 6-1 and showed class and sportsmanship by not disrespecting their field.” Although Pirates fell short in the first round of the tournament, the win against Grimsley is a great way to close out the season. Great season Pirates and congratulations to all of our Seniors who showed out this year!

William Petitt, Sports Editor

I'm a senior this year. I like sports and traveling. I want to be an investment banker.