• "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss
  • “Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong.” - Mandy Hale
  • "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." —Andrei Linde
  • “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
  • “Your life does not get better by chance it gets better by change.” - Jim Rohn
  • “If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
  • National Cheeseball Day

Entertainment

National Cheeseball Day

• News-Cap 8-12

News

News-Cap 8-12

• News-cap 3/21

News

News-cap 3/21

• NC States Rapid Rise to the Top

Entertainment

NC State’s Rapid Rise to the Top

• Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

Uncategorized

Highlighting Important Figures During Black History Month- Josephine Baker

• William Murphy, senior, stresses over AP Literature assignment.

Entertainment

How High School Students Can Separate Home Stress from School Stress

• Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

Editorials

Ukrainian Refugee Kseniia Botezat Finds Her Place in America

• Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman:  Pioneers of Integration

Entertainment

Celebrating Joanne Smart and Bettye Tillman: Pioneers of Integration

• Athlete of February

Sports

Athlete of February

• 3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

News

3/3-3/9 Weekly News-caps

Pages By Page

Pages By Page

Different Ways YOU Can Make Money Right Now

Teens and high school students have some fantastic opportunities to earn extra cash through many different side hustles. Side hustles are important in a student’s life because it gives them some real-world experience. It helps you create connections with important people in your community, which could be especially important later in life. The money you gain from side hustles can help you learn to be accountable, you have to keep track of what you earn and spend your money smartly. One option for a side hustle is freelancing, where they can offer services such as graphic design or writing. This allows them to practice and perfect their skills while making some money on the side. Freelancing provides a learning experience for the teenager because the money motivates them to work hard while they are subconsciously becoming better at their craft. This side hustle may be too difficult for some teenagers because most people might not want to hire graphic designers or writers that do not have much experience. Another viable option is online tutoring, using the student’s strengths in different subjects, they can help their peers or even younger students in their academic journey. Online tutoring not only helps the person being tutored, but also the person who is tutoring. This is because online tutoring helps sharpen and review your own academic skills while helping someone else. It is a great way to share knowledge with someone who needs it and earn a little something in return. If you want a side hustle that is more flexible, you can start participating in the gigs that pop up in your community or city. Many students take challenging classes to better their chances of going to college, this creates a tough schedule that does not let you have a consistent side hustle. Engaging in jobs like food delivery or pet sitting will allow you to work on your own schedule, accommodating the demands of your school life. If you are a student that is preparing to become an entrepreneur, teens can start their journey by venturing into selling handmade crafts or initiating a small online business. This business can be anything from selling small handmade things, to being a barber that cuts the hair of others. This not only offers a creative opportunity for students but also teaches valuable lessons about entrepreneurship and commerce. This side hustle is most effective when you are working with a friend because these small businesses often need a lot of time devoted into them. As a student, it is important to strike a balance between work and school responsibilities. You should look for side hustles that relate to your future career choice. You should almost never do
side hustles that will significantly worsen your grades in school.